1. Three academic programs earned a 100% first-time pass rate on their national certifying exams in 2018 (Physician Assistant, Medical Laboratory Science, and Radiologic Technology). Congrats to all students, faculty, and staff on this great accomplishment!
2. FranU Doctor of Physical Therapy program was awarded Accreditation Candidacy from the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE). The first cohort began Fall 2018, making FranU the first new program to be developed in Louisiana in over four decades, and the only private institution in the state with a DPT program.
3. FranU was awarded a $50,000 grant from the Huey and Angelina Wilson Foundation to fund the start-up of a new certification program in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). This program is aimed at students interested in providing therapeutic support for patients with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) within community health and education settings.
4. Baton Rouge Clinic became the first organization to commit to FranU’s Healthcare Partner Campaign by creating a scholarship designed to support outstanding Medical Lab Sciences (MLS) students who are entering the clinical training portion of their education.
5. The inaugural classes of the Master of Science in Nutritional Sciences (MSNS) and Master of Science in Nursing – Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) programs received their master’s degrees at the Fall commencement ceremony on December 15, 2018. We wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors!
Follow the link below to learn more about these two programs and to explore other academic programs offered at FranU.
2018 was a #FRANtastic year at FranU! Let’s take a look back at a few of our proudest moments.
Congratulations to our students who made the Fall 2018 semester Deans’ and President’s lists for outstanding academic work.
The very first cohort of FranU Master of Science in Nutritional Sciences (MSNS) program received their master’s degrees at the Fall commencement ceremony on Saturday, December 15, 2018.
Congratulations to our MSNS graduates, faculty and staff!