1. Three academic programs earned a 100% first-time pass rate on their national certifying exams in 2018 (Physician Assistant, Medical Laboratory Science, and Radiologic Technology). Congrats to all students, faculty, and staff on this great accomplishment!
2. FranU Doctor of Physical Therapy program was awarded Accreditation Candidacy from the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE). The first cohort began Fall 2018, making FranU the first new program to be developed in Louisiana in over four decades, and the only private institution in the state with a DPT program.
3. FranU was awarded a $50,000 grant from the Huey and Angelina Wilson Foundation to fund the start-up of a new certification program in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). This program is aimed at students interested in providing therapeutic support for patients with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) within community health and education settings.
4. Baton Rouge Clinic became the first organization to commit to FranU’s Healthcare Partner Campaign by creating a scholarship designed to support outstanding Medical Lab Sciences (MLS) students who are entering the clinical training portion of their education.
5. The inaugural classes of the Master of Science in Nutritional Sciences (MSNS) and Master of Science in Nursing – Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) programs received their master’s degrees at the Fall commencement ceremony on December 15, 2018. We wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors!
Follow the link below to learn more about these two programs and to explore other academic programs offered at FranU.
The FranU School of Nursing was awarded Nursing School of the Year — Undergraduate Degree Programs at the 2019 Nightingale Awards Gala, which is sponsored by the Louisiana Nurses Foundation and the Louisiana State Nurses Association.
We are very happy and excited to announce that the FNP program's inaugural graduating class of December 2018 has a 100% pass rate on their certification examination!!! The national pass rate is around 80%. This success is directly related to the hard work of the students and faculty. #FranU
We are pleased to announce that the pre-licensure BSN class of December 2018 has a 100% first-time pass rate on NCLEX! This is a testament to the hard work of both faculty and students. #FranU