Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University integrates strategic plans and operational for the purpose of accountability in determining institutional effectiveness. Long-term institutional goals, set objectives within the context of the University's mission and purpose, guide the planning process. Strategic plans generally forecast five-year periods, while institutional objectives are identified, implemented, and evaluated annually. The President of the University submits a comprehensive annual report to the Board of Trustees at the beginning of each calendar year.
- Incorporating the Franciscan values of service, reverence and love for all life, joyfulness of spirit, humility, and justice and the spirit of Ex corde Ecclesiae into all facets of the educational process and functions of the University.
- Providing programs of study that contribute to the authentic good of individuals and human society as a whole.
- Emphasizing the academic excellence in a student-centered environment to enhance knowledge and inquiry in the pursuit of life-long learning.
- Cultivating a student-centered environment which promotes a holistic approach to student growth and development in the search of vocation or calling.
- Fostering an engaged community of civic-minded scholars that encourages a culture of social responsibility and service.
- Cultivating, among all campus constituents, a desire to understand, a capacity for tolerance, and an ability to embrace diversity while demonstrating ethical and moral behavior in all endeavors.
- Practicing good stewardship of University resources while minimizing the carbon footprint of the University.
- Expanding the scale and scope of the programs and the communities the University serves.